Mitchellsville is located at county Rt 13 and 89 in the southeastern
part of the Township of Wheeler. The Town of Wheeler contained two centers, Wheeler Center
and Mitchellville. In 1817, Mitchellville had a store and two black smith shops, a
wagon-shop and about twenty dwellings. In 1996 there is only one public building, The
Methodist Church that land was given by Henry and Cordelia Squires in 1887.
Copyright 1996-2023 [GLSaltsman Enterprise]. All rights reserved.
Revised: February 23, 2023.