The Town of Wheeler is a small community between Kanona and
Prattsburgh on Rt 53.
Captain Silas Wheeler a Revolutionary soldier was the first settler in 1799 and the town
was named after him. The Town of Wheeler received its charter in 1820 and Thomas Aulls was
the first supervisor.Wheeler had a peek population in 1850 of 1,471 with the population
back up to 1,084 in 1990.
[Steuben County page][WestNY.com][WestNY Internet Mall]
Copyright 1996-2023 [GLSaltsman Enterprise]. All rights reserved.
Revised: February 26, 2023.